TPCG began its scholarship program in 1998 as the church celebrated fifteen years of ministry in the City of Paterson. The vision of Host Pastor, Dr. Clarence J. Baker, is to encourage the development of our youth with an incentive for the pursuit of higher education. As an advocate of education and empowerment of our youth, we believe you will be excited about an opportunity to assist the TPCG Scholarship Program to expand on its vision to award more scholarships to deserving students in our community.
The TPCG Scholarship Program is designed to provide needed financial assistance to student members of the congregation and those living in and around the Paterson community. The Scholarship Committee will seek candidates who have demonstrated excellence in academic achievement and/or have displayed strong academic prowess despite financial challenges. In addition, candidates will possess a high measure of character, strong leadership potential and demonstrating a commitment to community service.
Trinity PCG is committed to positively impacting the community and strongly believe in the idea – the children are our future. Our mission can be summarized by four words: Connect, Grow, Share, Serve. The TPCG Scholarship Program allows us to cultivate young minds in pursuit of leadership and excellence.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Awards ranging from $250 – $2,500 paid directly to the institution (for awards more than $500) and may be used to cover tuition, books, room and board, fees and other educational expenses
- Professional Development Seminar
2015 SCHOLARSHIP TIME TABLE
- Saturday, August 1: Opening of the application submission process
- Saturday, October 31: Student deadline for submitting application including transcripts, letter of recommendation or SAT scores, and written essay of at least 300 words. Must be submit by 11:59 p.m. (ET)
- Essay topic: “Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your future goals”
- Saturday, November 14: Recipients are notified of their award
- Sunday, November 29: Scholarships awarded to recipients